“Shakespeare’s Herb Garden”
“Traditional Home Book of Herbs” by Michael Janulewicz
Bay, Fennel, Lavender, Mint, Chamomile, Hyssop, Marigold & Marjoram
– Here in Alberta our planting zones are 3, 4 and 5 (5 is British Columbia) and on occasion, you become lucky to plant something from zone 6 thru 7. These zones are plant category based on climate, weather, geographical destinations, soil conditions, above the equator, below the equator, sea level, etc.
– Marigold’s are an annual plant here in Canada, but this plant is known to come back into your garden the following year.
– Lavender is best grown with a dirt & rocky soil blend, (at least for my garden).
– Fennel can be grown in container pots, along with mint & marjoram.
– Some plants lay dormant and don’t bloom, but the following year it is over run by blooms. Other plants become root bound and start to show it in the leaves as turning brown.
– Enjoy your gardening.